8. Water Conduit
One of three conduits in Modbury, this building, constructed by Adrian Swete in 1708, was originally in the middle of the road, and was fed by the famous Silverwell Spring. The fine spring water was stored in a reservoir further up the street. The water was of such excellent quality it had originally been directed to the Priors in the Abbey with wooden pipes.
There are also recorded, a number of wells located in the town with high quality water, one of which was restored to view within the White Hart Inn.
Continue up the street to Traine house on the left.