13. Modbury School
The first charity school was established in 1730 to teach twelve boys reading, writing and mathematics. The present school hall and schoolhouse were built in 1853 and are owned by the church. In 1881 the Modbury non-conformist British School and the Church of England National School united to become the Modbury Board School in a new building.
C** Detour to a play park located behind the Memorial Hall.
On the corner opposite the school is The Old Manor House.
Join the main road at Palm Cross Green, turning left onto Church Street.